- We are sensitive to protecting the privacy of our website visitors. This Statement is provided to help you understand how we collect, use and share the information you provide to us and describes your rights with respect to your individually identifiable information or Protected Health Information (PHI).
- When you use this website, remember that the medical and health information presented here is intended to be general in nature and should not be viewed as a substitute for professional advice or a consultation. Please consult with a healthcare professional for all matters relating to personal medical and healthcare issues.
Collection and Storage of Information
- This information can be provided by you when you use (or register to use) a service, subscribe to notifications, or contact us directly. The below examples are types of information that may be collected:
- Contact information, such as your full name, address, phone numbers and email address
- Personal health information, including diagnoses, previous treatments, general health and health insurance
- Doctor reviews, feedback and survey rsoinses
- Any other information you provide to us
We may also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information in law as this information does not, directly or indirectly, reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal information so that it can, directly or indirectly, identify you, we treat the combined data as personal information which will be used in accordance with this notice. We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Use of information
- The information we may collect online may be used to:
- Contact you
- Provide and improve services
- Fulfill your requests for products, services and information
- Send you information about additional clinical services or general wellness from us or on behalf of our affiliates
- Analyze website use and user data to understand and improve services
- Conduct research using your information, which may be subject to your separate written authorization
- We are committed to earning and maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- We may share your information with authorized third-party vendors and service providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, providing medical advice for telemedicine services, management and hosting of telemedicine services, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing (including but not limited to advertising, attribution, deep-linking, direct mail, mobile marketing, optimization and retargeting) advertising, performance monitoring, hosting and data processing. These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to the services they are contracted to provide to us.
- If you choose to engage in public activities on the third-party sites that we link to, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these sites and forums. You should be cautious when disclosing personal information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in public areas.
Our website is not intended to attract or collect information from children under the age of 18, unless they receive verifiable parental consent. If you think we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 through this website, please contact us immediately by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are under the age of 18, please consult your parent or guardian when using this website.
No transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, your personal information shall be treated as confidential and collected, processed and stored by us and our service providers in a manner that ensures appropriate security. As your privacy is important to us, we use a number of physical, electronic and administrative methods to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of information submitted through our website.
While we will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure the integrity, security and confidentiality of all personal information submitted and/or obtained from a user, it will not be held liable under any circumstances if such information is compromised, disseminated or otherwise disclosed through conduct outside the control of us such as hacking, infection by “viruses”, or any other computer programming routines or software that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
If you access services from an advertisement on a third-party website, application, or other service (a “Third-Party Service”), we may receive information related to you or that advertisement from the owner of the Third-Party Service.
If you use third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter to log into any of UEMedical websites or services, or to share your experience about our services with others, we may also collect information from these third-party services.
Use of Emails
Most emails do not provide a completely secure and confidential means of communication. It is possible that your email could be viewed inappropriately by another internet user. If you choose to provide us with your email address or to send us information using email, any misaddressing may result in others intercepting, altering, forwarding or using the information without authorization. If you wish to keep your information completely private, you should not use email.
From time to time, a representative from UEMedical may wish to deliver information to you via email. In addition, UEMedical may occasionally distribute news and announcements via email. Please note, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise share our email lists with others. You may contact us to request removing your name from any list you have registered for using our website. With regard to your use of email, we warn that:
- If you receive email at work, your employer may have the right to save and read your email; similarly, your Internet service provider may have the right to save and read your email.
- If you share your email account, others may view your emails.
- It is possible to intercept and read email during transmission.
Links to Other Websites
Our website contains links to other websites that are not managed or controlled by us. These links are provided for your convenience only. We do not review, endorse or take responsibility for the content of these other websites. If you choose to access such sites, you are subject to the privacy policies of those sites.
Printing or Downloading Information
Unless otherwise stated, you may print or download information from our website for personal, noncommercial use only. You must, however, identify the source of the material from our website and include a statement that the materials are protected by copyright law.
All other trademarks, service marks, trade names or service names not owned by UEMedical or its subsidiaries that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with or sponsored by us.